Monthly GDP Estimate - May 2018

Monthly GDP Estimate - May 2018

The UK economy grew by 0.2% in the three months to May 2018.

In the three months to May 2018, the UK economy grew by 0.2%, with growth of 0.4% in services industries, but slight contractions in the production and construction sectors. Growth in services was driven by a pick-up in growth in wholesale and retail. Manufacturing shrunk by 1.2% in the three months to May, contributing to negative growth in the production sector overall, coupled with lower production of electricity and gas - most likely linked to the warmer weather. Construction contracted by 1.7% in the three months to May, despite growing 2.9% in the month of May, with private housing and repair the largest contributors to growth.

The Midlands Economic Forum is a neutral, independent forum bringing together representatives of the public, private and voluntary sectors to evaluate real trends in the local economy. Events are run according to "The Chatham House Rule", agenda and participants subject to revision and change.

The Midlands Economic Forum is a registered limited liability company: Cardiff, number: 07025784 registered office: Beaufort Way, Aldridge WS9 0HJ

Contact Details

Telephone
07738 324517

Email
info@midlandseconomicforum.co.uk